email attachments

Subject: email attachments
From: "Kyle, Charles" <STAMFORD/EISPO1/CKYLE%EIS_International -at- MCIMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 11:01:00 EST

First, thanks to Don Timmerman and John Glenn for responding to my question
about email attachments.

***************************************
Matt Ion also wrote
Not all mail programs support automatic handling of all three formats,
but as noted above, stand-alone encoders/decoders are available for
most platforms.
I'm finding out that there are a lot of variables to email attachments. Our
MIS Dept has just informed me that our mail gateway (MCIMail) does not
handle attachments. So here is another factor that impacts email
attachments.

I will continue collecting info and if it seems justified at some point,
I'll post a message to the list.

Thanks again.

Charlie Kyle
ckyle%EIS_International -at- MCIMAIL -dot- COM
EIS Systems
Stamford CT USA