Long Word documents

Subject: Long Word documents
From: David Rapport <dave -at- NETMEDIA -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 12:00:44 +0200

Hi!

Yep, I know what you're talking about.

We have a 160 page manual that consists of ten sub-documents. Fairly early
on we realised that we had to split it into two master documents. Soon, we
will probably have to make it three (when we document new features).

You have no doubt realised by now that the master documents feature has a
few bugs. A different list I'm on referred people to:

http://www.wpi.edu/~tomster/MasterView/master20.zip

for a set of macros someone has developed to replace master documents. I
haven't tried them out, but it could be worth looking into.

This does mean we have to generate two TOCs and indexes and put them
together. The rd field works as well which should be easier when you have
more than two documents to put together.

If you have other questions about master documents, feel free to ask. I'll
try and answer.

Good luck,

David Rapport
dave -at- netmedia -dot- net -dot- il