Re: Transparent Tifs

Subject: Re: Transparent Tifs
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:16:25 -0800

>How do I get a TIF file with a transparent background? I
>have Corel 6.0, Photoshop and Paintshop pro. Is it
>possible? If not, how do I get a CMYK file that can be
>separated?

I'm not aware that you can get a tif file with a transparent
background. You can, however, get a gif file with a transparent
background. To do so,

Select File > Export from the menu. Select the export location,
give the file a name, etc, and select .gif as the output format
from the drop down list.

When the second export dialog appears, make appropriate selections.

When the third export dialog appears, select 89a format, then select
the color that is to be transparent from the displayed color palett.

To print color separations, select File > Print, then click the
Options button on the print dialog. A veritable sh**load of options
appear. Click the Separations tab, activate the Print Separations
checkbox, make other appropriate selections, and off you go.

>2nd question: Has anyone had problems with Corel cutting
>of the left-most line of an exported graphic? Any
>solutions?

Never experienced the problem -- but if you're exporting selected
objects only, try creating a small object with no outline and no
fill, place it to the left of the "real" drawing, and select it
along with the drawing to export. It should increase the size of
the drawing just enough to not chop off anything -- or at least
it'll chop off something that's invisible <g>.

>I volunteered to help Marketing and all I've gotten was
>a headache!!!!!

Gee! Who'd'a guessed *that* would happen??? <g d & r>