Training info and membership dues

Subject: Training info and membership dues
From: "LOWERY, MELISSA" <MLOWERY -at- SCANA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 17:10:20 -0500

Tech Writers (excuse the cross posting to both lists):

I have two questions, both relating to TW, but not to each other:

1) Does anyone know of a good source of theoretical information on
preparing training materials. I have been able to find plenty of
information pertaining to specific CBT tools (none of which I can use --
we're using something developed in-house), but I need to formulate an
overall approach to training material development. I've done informal
training based on user's guides, but now I am being asked to develop
formal CBT and paper-based modules to help users learn the conceptual
processes pertaining to a software interface as well as the software.
Any kind of references (web sites, books, articles) will be helpful.

2) Are dues paid for membership in professional societies (STC, ACM,
IEEE PCS, etc.) tax deductible in the US? If so, under what conditions?

Thanks in advance for any answers to either of my questions.

Melissa Lowery
mlowery -at- scana -dot- com