Re: Screen capture

Subject: Re: Screen capture
From: Chuck Beck <cbeck -at- BGNET -dot- BGSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 12:59:01 -0500

M. David Orr wrote:
>We sometimes use MS Powerpoint for sizing and adding call-outs to screen
>shots. It seems to preserve legibility quite well. Also, with standard
>screen grabbing tools, pay attention to the aspect ratio. If the
>document changes the aspect ratio even slightly when reducing the shot,
>all sorts of interference patterns can appear in the illustration. By
>adjusting the aspect ratio, these distortions disappear.

You can avoid these kinds of problems altogether by using the "Scale..."
option on the "Draw" menu. You can change the size of the graphics image
while preserving the aspect ratio perfectly.

FWIW, PowerPoint also offers the best options in terms of re-coloring a
graphics image. (Sometimes, the colors get translated into something ugly by
other graphics programs, and PowerPoint allows you to redo them to your
liking without altering the basic image.)