Cost of STC membership

Subject: Cost of STC membership
From: Michael Andrew Uhl <uhl -at- VISLAB -dot- EPA -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 12:41:59 -0800

The discussion of membership costs for STC reminds me
of the various state governments' views of the cost
of their universities and colleges. They look at them as
straightforward expenses.

I cannot afford a Rolls Royce or a Lexus. But suppose by
buying a Lexus I could get reliable transportation *and*
get a better job. Even if I'm on a Toyota budget, I'd work
awfully hard to find a way to get that Lexus.

Likewise, states and their taxpayers ought to look at
schools as *investments* rather than expenses.

I've always looked at STC membership as an investment.
If it were merely an expense, I would have dropped it
long ago.

Cheers.

-Mike
--