Job Announcements

Subject: Job Announcements
From: Gurudutt Kamath/Technical Writing Centre <guruk -at- GIASBM01 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 09:32:27 +0530

On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, Victor Chapel wrote:

> We're looking for a Software Technical Writer with HTML, Frame,
> Word, and Visio experience.
>
> Specific postions held and years of experience are not as
> important as the ability to write, listen, and learn.
>
> This position is not open for telecommuting.

Victor and all,

I liked the above two paragraphs. However, I feel all job announcments
should also specify, if possible, that the vacany is for "U.S. residents
only" or some such thing. When I see such announcements, I feel it is an
invitation for me -- in faraway India -- to also apply. In most cases, I
have received a reply within a few hours/days that the position is only
for US Visa holders or the like. I have stopped sending my resumes now.
However, all such announcements should give such a hint so that people
like me do not waste bandwidth applying to jobs which are not really
advertised for us. BTW, I am not talking about USA alone, I had a similar
experience with Israel.

Best wishes to all.

Guru

guruk -at- giasbm01 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in
Go http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath
for column on Documentation, Internet, etc.
Technical Writing Centre, Mumbai