Trends in (PRINTED) Page Layout

Subject: Trends in (PRINTED) Page Layout
From: PETER STEPHEN ONG <pong -at- SFSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 10:40:46 -0800

Hello,

I am a technical writing student at San Francisco State University and am
hoping some of you could provide insight for my report. A few of you
might recognize this letter from another listserver. I thank those who
replied from that other list.

I am doing a report concerning: "Trends in (PRINTED) Page Layout" and how
these trends might affect the development of future desktop publishing
software. I am mainly concerned with what conventions Technical Writers
are using in the workplace. Please limit your responses to 8 1/2 X 11
inch paper, bullets, typography, graphics, style sheets, headers and
footers, document design, layers, and form follows function. Any
referrals to resources (both on-line and printed) will help me greatly,
but I believe the best source are from the personal experiences from
members on this list.

I am familiar with PC and Mac PageMaker 6.5, Photoshop 3.0, Corel Draw
5.0, Microsoft Word, Adobe Premiere 4.2, and Illustrator 6.0. However,
replies about other desktop publishing programs are welcome. Please just
include more information about programs not listed above.

Please send replies (up to the end of March) to my e-mail address:
pong -at- sfsu -dot- edu -dot-

Thanks in advance.

Peter Ong