Re[2]: Resumes [Ref:C245567]

Subject: Re[2]: Resumes [Ref:C245567]
From: Tom Tomasovic <Tom -dot- Tomasovic -at- NA -dot- NWMARKETS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 16:39:51 +0000

TW Colleagues:

For some reason, this bit tweaked my imagination, and I thought I would throw in
my $.02.

As I was reading this (following the thread), I realized that one of the big
things I get from TECHWR-L (and other lists) is a sense of the people who are
posting. I have seen several who would (or would not) be most welcome to apply
if I were looking for people. IMHO, being an active part of a list like this
qualifies as being a "joiner".

Just another opinion.

Regards,

Tom <<Tom -dot- Tomasovic -at- na -dot- nwmarkets -dot- com>>

You should be aware that the information contained within this message is solely
the opinion of the writer (me). The people at NatWest have little control over
how I express myself, and they should not be held responsible for anything I say
(unless, of course, I express it as a corporate opinion).

Subject: Re: Resumes [Ref:C245567]
Author: INTERNET TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU at Multimessage
Date: 2/20/97 8:52 PM

My point about hiring "joiners" is that you get to see the joiners in action:
they volunteer, work on teams, contribute ideas. They attend meetings to get
updated on new technologies and new concepts. They're putting in time to improve
their standing and value in the profession and aren't content to be lurk in a
cubicle until the downsizing scythe comes along. Then it's too late. Watching
the joiners is like getting a free trial run for employment. Just coming
regularly to meetings shows a certain level of commitment, while volunteerism
shows even more. Becoming a good officer shows an even higher level.

Tim Altom