Re: Documenting C++ Code/OO Code

Subject: Re: Documenting C++ Code/OO Code
From: Maynard Hogg <maynard -at- GOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 18:34:28 +0900

Jon Steiner <jons -at- AVI -dot- COM> wrote:

>Microsoft puts out an unsupported utility called AutoDuck which is a
>tagging language which (according to them) makes it easier to document
>C++, C and other code. Autoduck works with these tags inserted by the
>programmer to create an RTF file.

Java has javadoc, which generates HTML pages. I've never tried it on
C/C++ source code, however.

To use it, you have use sed (or even a word processor's search and
replace function) to add an extra asterisk to those banners.

|/** denotes javadoc comment
/**
*
* @see Object
* @version 97-02-20
* @author Maynard Hogg
*
*/

The @see tag generates an HTML "see also" hyperlink.

===

|\^/| Maynard Hogg
_|\| |/|_ #306, 4-30-10 Yoga, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo, Japan 158
> < Fax: +81-3-3700-7399
>_./|\._< Internet: maynard -at- gol -dot- com
Unsolicited commercial electronic mail sent to this address will be
proofread at a cost of US$200/hour (half-hour minimum).