Re: Different idea about the job ad not attracting people

Subject: Re: Different idea about the job ad not attracting people
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 13:47:25 -0800

Several have commented that one strategy for evaluating low pay/long
hours at a startup as opposed to regular hours at another company has to
do with the future value of stock options available through either IPO
or buyout at a startup.

There's another reason, perhaps not so visible, and that's the ability
to learn new tools and improve your resume. In a small company, where
everybody wears multiple hats, most information-workers learn new tools
because the company needs to be able to use the tool. In a few
companies, and ours is an example, we make learning new tools a priority
for everyone, so that even if we can't pay our interns a lot of money,
they learn a tremendous amount on the job.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems