A Far Broader Question

Subject: A Far Broader Question
From: Barb Philbrick <caslonsvcs -at- IBM -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 08:11:26 GMT

>If you're going to cobble together recommendations from various
>sources, why not simply use them directly - like the Chicago Manual of =
>Style?

I've been wondering about the same thing. Has anyone successfully
created a usable style guide that says something like, "We use the
CMoS and The Handbook of Technical Writing as our base sources. Any
deviations from these sources are documented in this style guide."? It
seems much more efficient to deal only with issues that have not been
dealt with well elsewhere.

Barb