Alias/Wavefront

Subject: Alias/Wavefront
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 13:34:25 -0600

I think about 2/3 of the people who responded to my message
about the Alias/Wavefront job understood me correctly.
FWIW, I do believe in overtime, and do it as the situation
requires, and I don't work religiously 9 to 5 (usually more
like 8 to 5). The issue, to me, is whether you really want
to work for someone who believes that work should be your
life. I did that routine in University, and it was great
while it lasted, but once was enough. Guess I grew up?

OTOH, I agree that the ad is probably effective for
attracting people with no life outside work or no desire to
have one. It would certainly be a blast to work for Alias,
given the work they do. But poor management (artificial
deadlines, inadequate staff resources) isn't a compelling
attraction.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca