Hours per page

Subject: Hours per page
From: "Suzanne A. Hosie" <suzy -at- WOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 11:34:39 +0000

Hi all,

I've been working up estimates on several projects, using my own methods of
estimating how long each will take. Usually, I try to get an idea of how
many pages (or topics, for help) the documentation will be, then assign an
hourly value e.g. 1 hour, then multiply times my hourly rate to come up
with a total.

My question to you is: what do you use for that hours per page number? 1?
3? other? I know there are industry standards, but I'm interested in what
you actually use.

If you would like to respond directly to me, I will post a summary to the
list.

TIA

Suzy Hosie
Write on the Edge