[no subject]

From: Stephen Arrants <stephena -at- SONIC -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 08:01:45 -0800

On Friday, February 14, 1997 6:24 AM, Steven Warren[SMTP:Steven_Warren/USG -at- USGROUP -dot- COM] wrote:
>Concerning How not to attract staff!
>
>This is beginning to get very trite. One day of moaning and groaning is
>fine. 2-3 days of griping is ridiculous. Let us get over it and get on
>with our lives. Some of these topics of discussion are ridiculous.
>Furthermore, why does everyone think what they have to say is so important
>that it must be posted to the list. Enough is Enough.

Oh, I disagree. Sure, there is some griping and moaning and groaning, but overwork, long hours, and the "do it at any cost" attitude are what many of us have to deal with each and every day. I'm interested in what coping mechanisms folks use when confronted with bogus schedules and the like. How *do* you do a good job when you're expected to place to place the company and product first and your own life further down on the list of priorities?

steve arrants