Editing Indexes for Quality & Usability

Subject: Editing Indexes for Quality & Usability
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 16:09:12 EST

I'm forwarding this for Pilar Wyman (PilarW -at- aol -dot- com), who is organizing the
workshop I'll be presenting for the ASI (American Society of Indexers) DC-Metro
Chapter.

***

Editing Indexes for Quality and Usability
Saturday, March 29, 1997
National Agricultural Library, Room 1400
Beltsville, MD
(From I-95, take exit 25 North on Route 1 to Beltsville. NAL is the tall
building on the right. )

The Washington, DC Chapter of the American Society of Indexers is
delighted to invite you to another workshop presentation by Lori Lathrop, of
Lathrop Media Services, Idaho Springs, CO. Her workshop is on editing indexes,
and it is pretty intense. We hope you'll join us!

8:30-9:00 Registration/Coffee, croissants

WORKSHOP AGENDA:
Warm-Up Activity
Indexing Concepts & Terminology
Tips for Creating a Great Index
Using an Editing Checklist
Editing an Index
Evaluating Quality and Usability
Wrap-Up Activity

5:00-5:30 Reception/Networking

Refreshments and Buffet Luncheon will be provided.
DC/ASI annual meeting/Officers' meeting during lunch.

REGISTRATION FORM

Cost: $40 for ASI members, $52 for non-ASI members.
Registration includes handouts, drinks, snacks, and buffet luncheon. Register
by Friday, March 21, to ensure lunch.

Mailing address:

Please make checks payable to Washington, DC Chapter, ASI. Mail checks and
registration forms to Enid Zafran, DC/ASI, Bureau of National Affairs, 1231 25th
Street NW, Room N-476, Washington, DC 20037. Confirmations will be mailed for
registrations postmarked by March 21, 1997. On-site registrations will be
accepted as space permits. Refunds are subject to a $5 handling fee.

For more information, call DC/ASI Chair Enid Zafran at 202/452-4301.