Re: I am Tech Writer

Subject: Re: I am Tech Writer
From: Don Smith <dsmith -at- ACCESSBEYOND -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 07:44:48 EST

Beth wrote (in part):

"I've actually got a job that has Writer in its title, I'm gonna keep
it, by god!"

That is what I was trying to say when I commented about the cute
comments and abbreviations, etc.., Beth, but you said it better!

I failed English all through high school, mainly because those little
old ladies made it as unpleasant as possible. Anyway, somewhere along
the line (I could not believe it myself) I decided I wanted to be a
writer. When I had my first article published way back in 1955
(Popular Electronics Magazine) I felt that I had really "arrived". I
remember I went back to my senior high school teacher and showed it to
her and she said, "I know you didn't write this. There are thousands
of people with your name. You didn't write this article, I know you."
So ever since I guess I am still trying, though she has been dead for
the last few eons.

I too "prefer" to be called a Technical Writer.

Cordially,

Don Smith
Sr. Tech Writer