Re: UNIX online help

Subject: Re: UNIX online help
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 12:00:54 -0700

>> Again IMHO, if one wants to go the UNIX HTML help route, Netscape is
>> best choice.
>>
>The best choice for our users/audience, or the best choice for us?

Good question. I think I mean 'both'.

o If you get anything UNIX related from MS, it probably won't work for
you at all, but your PC audience will be happy (assuming you can get
the product to work well enough to deliver something).

o If you get something UNIX related from Netscape, you and your PC
audience will both be fine.

If you and your audience are both UNIX-oriented, then your best bet is
certainly Netscape (for HTML help). Microsoft and UNIX are two completely
different universes.

David (The Man) Blyth
Technical Writer & Web Site Designer
QUALCOMM

The usual disclaimers apply - QUALCOMM isn't that crazy.

Blodo Poa Maximus