Re: silly name that isn't offensive

Subject: Re: silly name that isn't offensive
From: Michael Priestley <mpriestley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 17:57:30 EST

Laura Praderio suggests:
>how about TC ?technical communicators or top catsÙ?
>gives folks the options.

Ah, the joys of acronyms (or initialisms, if you prefer).
For the record (and because I have access to a handy dandy tool that
compiles the info for me):

case temperature
tag command
tape cartridge
technical change
technical committee (IFIP & ISO)
telecommunications
temperature coefficient
temperature cycle
terminal concentrator
terminating channel
termination code (a part of the ESW)
test case
test complete
test conductor
test controller
the controls data base
thermal compression
thermocouple
throughput class (XI)
tightly coupled
time card
time code (television)
timed closing
translation center
transmission check
transmission completed
transmission control
transmitter clock
true/complement
two-way logical channel (XI)
Technetium (case should be-Tc, atomic number =43)
Telekommunikation und Komplexe Systeme
TDM controller card (ROLM)

Nary a tech-com nor a top cat in the list. I'll have to inform the
authorities.

Stay out of snowball fights,

Michael Priestley
mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
Disclaimer: speaking on my own behalf, not IBM's.
(writing from Toronto Canada, so what do you have to complain about, at
least it's summer in Antarctica :-)