Re: Seeking document version control information

Subject: Re: Seeking document version control information
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 12:01:02 -0800

At 04:33 PM 2/4/97 -0500, Roy Jacobsen wrote:
>We're searching for information on tools for managing large doc sets
>(printed and online). We're currently using PVCS for our online source
>docs, but it's far from ideal. We'd also like to be able to better manage
>our source files for printed docs as well.

StarTeam was the last project I worked on at StarBase, and we use it
here at Expersoft. It will give you version control for any files
you can create or store on Windows 95 or NT -- binary or ascii.

In addition to version control, it'll give you password-protected
access, defect tracking and threaded conversations that you can
attach to projects or specific files, charting and reports, and an
audit trail.

I've already cashed in my stock options, so I don't have a vested
interest in the product anymore (other than as a user), and the
interface and docs have changed somewhat since I worked on the
product, so I can't claim those anymore either. But it's a handy
piece of software to have on hand and I heartily recommend it.
The 2.0 release provides remote access modules, so you can check
docs in and out over the Web. 3.0 is due out soon.

Their web site is at
http://www.starbasecorp.com
and their sales phone is 1-888-star700

Susan W. Gallagher Manager, Technical Publications
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com Expersoft Corporation, San Diego CA
http://www.expersoft.com