Re: Contracting moral dilemma

Subject: Re: Contracting moral dilemma
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 17:54:33 GMT

In article <Pine -dot- SUN -dot- 3 -dot- 91 -dot- 970205075722 -dot- 25153E-100000 -at- crl -dot- crl -dot- com>, The Tech
Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM> writes:
|> I have successfully bid on a fixed-price contract.

[...]

|> My potential dilemma is: what if I spend a lot less hours on the project
|> than I calculated for my bid?

[...]

I suggest you keep the money. Fixed price bidding is a two-way street.

Beyond that, I suggest you bid for follow-on work with this company, and
kick in a rebate if they take you up on it.

In the meantime, isn't nice to have some extra for contingencies? You
might do more for this client than you bid, so the price covers your
real time. Then you'd probably get follow-on work for sure.

Cordially,
--
Len Olszewski, "You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and
saslpo -at- unx -dot- sas -dot- com build your wings on the way down." Ray Bradbury