Push and Pull in Flemish and Japanese

Subject: Push and Pull in Flemish and Japanese
From: Matthew Danda <matt -at- SONYTEL -dot- BE>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 09:00:06 +0100

What do you do when youre in a flemish-speaking country, and all the doors
say either "Duwen" or "Trekken"?
The "Damen" and "Heren" signs on the bathrooms, however, can be understood
thanks to inductive reasoning powers (and friendly icons).

I am a little anxious at the upcoming trip to Japan, where I will be a 100%
illiterate, not just an 80% illiterate, like I am in a western
non-English-speaking country. (The Tokyo division needs a "real" tech
writer for a month to help clean up a document set. So I'm packing my bags
again....anyone out there worked in Japan?)

Matthew Danda
Technical Writer
matt -at- sonytel -dot- be

Sony Objective Composer (SOCOM)
St. Stevens Woluwestraat 55
1130 Brussels
Belgium

tel: 00-32-2-724.17.43 fax: 00-32-2-726.26.86