Re: Minimalism

Subject: Re: Minimalism
From: Mitch Berg <mberg -at- IS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 13:58:38 -0600

Don Smith wrote:

> Lisa Higgins wrote (in part):
>
> "the handle on a toilet is on the right;.."
>
> Don't think so, Lisa. All toilets (water closets to those across the
> big pond) are on the left, not the right. Hummmmm

As we Usability People say, "It Depends". Are you standing or sitting?

Further Interface design issue - while most home, um, facilities have
handles to "stage right" (assuming you're sitting), some institutional
facilities have them to "stage left" - or, if you're standing, to the
right.

How about in China? Or in Hebrew-speaking nations? Or south of the
equa...[whap]

Mitch here. That was my evil twin Jed, hijacking my email again. I've
had him neutralized.