Re: Re[2]: Careen Path

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Careen Path
From: Lisa Higgins <lisa -at- DRDDO1 -dot- EI -dot- LUCENT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 12:27:35 +0000

> And what companies did they work for?
>
> This seems to me like an apples and oranges discussion. As you
> previously described the publishing hierarchy (let's call it apples), an
> Editor seems to rule over a writer. The Editor has control over what
> goes in, what goes out, and what is written about in the first place.
> They have initial and final approval of an article. They writer cannot
> supersede the Editor's judgment.

Tiny little nit: what people in most software companies call an
'editor' is a 'copyeditor' in the publishing world.

The title 'editor' in the journalism world is roughly equivalent to
the corporate 'lead writer,' 'manager,' or whatever.

The misunderstanding here seems to be almost completely semantic.

Lisa.
lhiggins -at- lucent -dot- com