Nice up my .H file

Subject: Nice up my .H file
From: Dennis Carothers <dcarothers -at- BGS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 13:00:24 EST5EDT

I've been asked to format a programmer's header file to make it look
a bit more "professional." Following is a sample:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
§ LAST UPDATE: VERSION:1.00 §
§ COMPILATOR: Visual C++ 2.2 §

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
§ NOTES: Header used in the following programs: §
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

#ifndef _BGSDECL_H_
#define _BGSDECL_H_

/*..............with lines and lines of programmer's comments...*/
/*..............formatted like this..........*/

And so on...

I'm not sure how much I can, or should, edit this.
Can someone point me to a standard for this type of writing?

Thanks,

Dennis Carothers
dcarothers -at- bgs -dot- com