FrameMaker 5.11 Installation Problems

Subject: FrameMaker 5.11 Installation Problems
From: Linda Henneman <lindah -at- SIRIUS -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 23:47:52 -0800

I just downloaded FrameMaker 5.11 and am having trouble installing it. Since
it's a free demo copy I'm not entitled to the phone support paid registered
users can get and can't find anything relevant in their free support
information. I'm wondering if anyone has had the following problem and, if
so, what the fix is.

When I start the installation program I get the following message:

File copy operation failed--incorrect number of bytes written to
disk--source file or destination disk may be corrupted. Use chk dsk :
Source: C:\Maker5\Mkr 5.11 \disk 1 \IMGEM9.IN_ Dest.: C:\Maker51
filters\IMGE9.INI.

When I type "chk dsk" I don't get any reading that there are any corrupted
files or problems with my hard disk and my other programs all work just
fine, including recently downloaded ones. And I downloaded the program a
second time, thinking that maybe something went awry during the first
download but to no avail.

BTW, if you'd like a free demo copy of FrameMaker that's fully functional
except that you can't save files and when you print info stating it's a demo
copy will show up on your document, you can download it from the following
Web site: www.synergistech.com/fmdownld.htm.

I just hope you don't have the same problems installing it I'm having.

For those living in the SF Bay Area, there are several free one-day
FrameMaker classes being offered. See the following URL for more info:
www.mdisf.com.

Any help anyone can give me re: my installation problem would be most
appreciated!

Linda Henneman
lindah -at- sirius -dot- com