Re: Revision Numbers

Subject: Re: Revision Numbers
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 18:18:05 -0500

Rebecca:
>Has anybody released books with change bars? How did customers react? Is
>this, in fact, a requirement for ISO9000? Do you feel that same gut
>feeling as I, that this isn't going to be useful in the long run?

I've run into this several times as a customer.

If there are only a few changes in the technical information, this is a
good way to go.

If there are substantial changes, or the manual gets revised frequently, or
if you are reorganizing the presentation of the information, then

<RANT>
|the
||whole
|||danged
</RANT>

@Kat _______________________________ katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
Kat Nagel MasterWork Consulting Services, Rochester, NY
Technical writing / Document design / Publications planning

"The transformation of calories into words, of words into money, and of
money into calories again are the three basic cycles in a freelance
writer's metabolism."
/Mary Kittredge, _Poison Pen_