Re: View Source in Netscape

Subject: Re: View Source in Netscape
From: Diane Cohn <dianecohn -at- APPLE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 09:11:05 -0800

>Dawn asks:
> >> When I "View Document Source" of an html file from Netscape,
> there seems to be no way of printing the source.>
> Diane replies :
> >>Can you select it and paste it into a word processor or Windows Write
> print it?<<
>
> The Cut/Copy functions don't work in Netscape's Doc Source window.
> But, when in the browser window, just save the file as an .HTM file,=
> and then you can edit it with any text editor.
>
> A much more elegant solution is to use AOLpress as a browser, downlo=
>ad the page and select Tools/Show HTML, then you can edit and print the s=
>ource without having to switch to another software.

The easiest solution of all is to go into Netscape's general preferences
folder and select the application tab. Down below, where it says view
source, there's a browse button that lets you choose an application from
your hard drive to use when viewing source. I have Netscape set up to
open all source in BBedit, but you can open it in Word, SimpleText,
PageMaker or whatever.

(This is how it works for version 3.0 on a Mac, but I'm pretty sure that
2.0 and 2.02 support this feature too.)

Diane

*
* * * *