Re: View Source

Subject: Re: View Source
From: Jane Bergen <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 14:27:52 +0000

On 23 Jan 97 at 10:12, Dawn Langley wrote:

> When I "View Document Source" of an html file from Netscape, there
> seems to be no way of printing the source. There is no toolbar for
> this function, so I can't save or download the file to print it
> later. Does anyone have any suggestions for overriding this problem?
>
> Dawn

Dawn, when you are looking at an HTML page (i.e., web page), you are
just looking at a page of text that has format codes. The BROWSER
interprets the format codes and turns it into something pretty
(sometimes). So if you want to print the source, you have to do it
from OUTSIDE the browser.

The best approach is to save it as (FILE > SAVE AS) a text file (or
an HTML doc if you want to retain as much formatting as possible,
including all the tags). Then simply open the saved file with a text
editor (probably NOT Word...use Notepad, etc.). You can print it from
within your editor.

Jane Bergen
"my opinions are my own..."
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer