Re: "View Doc Source" & Netscape

Subject: Re: "View Doc Source" & Netscape
From: Kim Keegan <keegan -at- EXPLORERS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 10:22:47 -0800

Dawn Langley wrote:

> When I "View Document Source" of an html file from Netscape, there seems to
> be no way of printing the source. There is no toolbar for this function, so I
> can't save or download the file to print it later. Does anyone have any
> suggestions for overriding this problem?

First of all, I assume that your intentions are pure and you are just studying the
HTML and not planning on using illegally in terms of copyright! :-)

You could do the following:

1. View the source as usual.
2. Drag to highlight the portion of HTML you wish to copy.
3. Use your keyboard shortcut to Copy (in Windows, this is Control-C).
4. Open up a text editor (in Windows, try Notepad accessory).
5. Use the Paste command (either the application's Paste command or the keyboard
shortcut -- in Windows this is Control-V).

Voila!

--
Kim Keegan | keegan -at- explorers -dot- com
http://www2.explorers.com/~keegan/