(Fwd) Re: A Sticky Situation

Subject: (Fwd) Re: A Sticky Situation
From: "T. Mazza" <tmazz -at- KODIAK -dot- ADAMS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 11:07:51 -0500

I would ask the same question.

I also wonder if the other writer had an additional degree, etc., to compensate
for the lack of experience.

--- Forwarded mail from Linda Castellani <castle -at- CRL -dot- COM>

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 19:40:00 -0800
From: Linda Castellani <castle -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Subject: Re: A Sticky Situation
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU

On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Stephen Arrants wrote:

> A neighbor, Jean, who is also a technical writer, came to me with a
> problem. She one of two writers at a very small hardware company. Her
> manager was the only writer until Jean was hired in October 1996.
> Recently, the company hired another writer, at a salary Jean says is 15%
> above hers. The new writer has six months experience (compared to Jean's
> five years) and has never worked on a complete project (from start to
> ship).

The first question I'd have if I were her manager would be how
she knew what the new writer was making.

---End of forwarded mail from Linda Castellani <castle -at- CRL -dot- COM>

--
Theodora Mazza Mechanical Dynamics, Inc.
tmazz -at- adams -dot- com Ann Arbor, Michigan