Re: Having Writers Block

Subject: Re: Having Writers Block
From: "Accentuated Brandname Creativity, Inc." <acreatyv -at- SATURN -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 15:56:24 -0500

Mark Pundurs wrote:

>?? "Price-fixing" requires that _each_ party agree _not_ to
>set a price lower than the other's. In my example, not only
>is David making _no_ decision based on Yvonne's pricing,
>but Yvonne may well be noting David's price _in_order_to_
>set a lower price.

Well, I could have been more precise and detailed, but I think Mark may
have downplayed the context of what I was saying. For a retail chain or any
company with significant market share, antitrust considerations can be a
major issue: for these, managers' going to each other's place of business
or meeting elsewhere *can be* the first step toward an antitrust violation
(which again, as both Mark and I have said, is about agreement and not
about simple awareness). For a Mom-and-Pop store or for a freelancer,
antitrust considerations are irrelevant.

What's this thread about, again? <g>

Chuck Brandstater
acreatyv -at- saturn -dot- net