Writers to Programmer Ratio

Subject: Writers to Programmer Ratio
From: KAREN_OTTO -at- HP-SPOKANE-OM2 -dot- OM -dot- HP -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 08:48:16 -0700

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
Robert,
At first glance, this is the opposite of what I think is necessary. I
worked in consumer electronics, and the writers hardly existed (150:2
engineers:writers).
Now I am in industrial test equipment, we're running about 17:1.

Also, with some consumer software (e.g. video games), there are no
instructions at all. Of course there are also flight simulators, which
have extensive documentation.

Can you elaborate? (I agree there's no valid ratio)

karen
karen_otto -at- hp -dot- com