Re: Editors

Subject: Re: Editors
From: Stacey Marner <marners -at- CORSAIR -dot- MANTECH-WVA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 13:46:42 EST

Janice wrote:

Generally, however, I've found that the
problems with the documents I see tend to err more on the side of
structural problems and clarity of expression rather than technical
areas.

I'm finding this to be very true. I often find fragments or just
sentences that are unclear. My frustration is in not knowing the
subject well enough to offer suggestions. It seems that, like my
students, some writers are reluctant to try to improve a document
that's already written because that's over. By the time I get it,
read it and approach them with comments, they're already onto another
one. I can understand their reluctance, it just is then more
difficult for me to do my job. That's why I'd, ideally, like to be
included earlier.

Stacey