Re: WORD TO FRAME CONVERSIONS

Subject: Re: WORD TO FRAME CONVERSIONS
From: Brian Martin <bmartin -at- NMO -dot- GTEGSC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 10:27:22 -0800

> Is there something I haven't figured out that would make the conversion
> easier?

Are you using Frame on UNIX or otherwise? If UNIX try writing a script that
could make it easier. Mark text in word with certain symbols at start and at
end. convert to rtf or text. Script finds symbols and replaces with mif
strings appropriate to the tag. convert mif to normal frame.

> > Alternatively, is there some format that is friendly to both Word and
> Frame
> > that I could use as a filter? Some of my documents are longish for the
> web
> > (500 pp or so) and having to go through and rename every kind of heading,
> > every type of list item, etc. is worse than tedious. I simply don't have
> the
> > time for something like that.

If it's going on a web, why use Frame? Use HTML. HTML, by the way, could
be an intermediary between Word and Frame.

Now that I think of it, what version of Frame are you using? There are
filters for word to frame conversions. Have you tried them and had problems?
If
your engineers were using Word templates with the same tag names, this could
help you, too.

Hope this gives you some ideas to go on.