Re: A Technical Writer by Any Other Name

Subject: Re: A Technical Writer by Any Other Name
From: Patrick Dean <pdean -at- TXBASE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 12:51:41 -0500

Sharon writes:
>He said I can choose
>something as long as it doesn't include the words "Vice President" or
>"Senior"
>-- seems like there's one other taboo word I can't remember....
>
>Sharon
After my first year writing documentation for a software company I was
asked to manage the writing team (mostly because I started six months
before any of the other writers). I was also asked to come up with a
new title for myself. Since I had only been writing for approximately a
year, using the term "Senior" seemed a little misleading.
After considering my overall responsibilities (which included far more
than just writing) I decided on Documentation Manager. 'Cause that's
what I do. I don't really like the title, but it seems most appropriate.
Good luck finding a title that works for you.