Comparison of web vendor prices

Subject: Comparison of web vendor prices
From: KAREN_OTTO -at- HP-SPOKANE-OM2 -dot- OM -dot- HP -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 11:02:43 -0700

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
What kind of quotes are you all getting for web setup?

We are building a prototype web site to put some of our manuals (in
pdf) online.

Our vendor gave us these quotes:

- setup: $400
includes creating 2 pages, a feedback form, monthly logfile of who
accessed, what they did, how long they were on, and so on.

- a database with a search engine (we have about 10 parameters defined
so far) $ 360

- unique URL $200

- maintenance and storage space $120 per month for first 50 Meg

- each new edit round (add a couple of pdfs) $20 per round

So, for around $1000, we get a nicely setup web site for about two
dozen of our manuals (all pdfs). Then it's a monthly $120.

This is a prototype, of course, and we will not stay with this vendor
long term. Ultimately it will probably be at our corporate site.

We have an excellent working relationship with this vendor, so we are
not interested in changing, but I just wanted to hear if anyone else
has been looking into anything similar, and what your costs are.

kindly,
karen otto

karen_otto -at- hp -dot- com