DOS color palette

Subject: DOS color palette
From: Kim Keegan <keegan -at- EXPLORERS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 09:24:56 -0800

[ Cross-posted to TECHWR-L and TechComm ]

I come to you with another question - hopefully someone out there can help me.

I am looking for the RGB values of the standard DOS palette (16-colors).

I have searched several DOS manuals, looked in Photoshop for a DOS palette, and
searched the web, but I haven't come up with anything.

The colors seem to be named as follows, and I have come up with some of the RGBs
(yes, the easy ones):

Black = 000000
Blue = 0000FF
Green = 00FF00
Cyan = 00FFFF
Red = FF0000
Magenta = FF00FF
Brown = AA5500 (I think)
White = FFFFFF
Gray = 888888 (I think)
LightBlue = ?
LightGreen = ?
LightCyan = ?
LightRed = ?
LightMagenta = ?
Yellow = FFFF00
BrightWhite = ? (or would this be FFFFFF and "White" is something else?)

I have seen the "Light___" colors also referred to as "Bright___".

Can anyone help me fill in the rest of the RGB values?

Thanks in advance.
--
Kim Keegan | keegan -at- explorers -dot- com
http://www2.explorers.com/~keegan/