Re: Experience with Information Mapping

Subject: Re: Experience with Information Mapping
From: Joyce Hostyn <joyceh -at- ANDYNE -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 19:45:22 -0500

> My feeling is that using this concept, combined with an SGML markup,
would allow for reuse of information, say in Help text, online procedures,
paper procedures, training manuals, customer forms on the Internet, or
internal information on an Intranet.

Information Mapping is proprietary, but they have teamed up with AborText
and Lucent to produce what will probably be a public domain DTD, called
MapDoc. The DTD is now in beta testing.

Information Mapping, because of its highly structured, chunked approach,
maps over to SGML easily and, like you, I believe it will allow for reuse
of information if upfront analysis is done right.

If you're interested in finding out more about the DTD, the contact name I
have for the beta program at Information Mapping is Denise Dorricot. Her
email is denised -at- infomap -dot- com

Joyce Hostyn
Andyne Computing
joyceh -at- andyne -dot- com