Re: Framed on Frame

Subject: Re: Framed on Frame
From: Mitch Berg <mberg -at- IS -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 12:47:36 -0600

SUZANNE PYLE wrote:

> I need to get some insights from you on Frame. Here goes:
>
> 1. Specifically, using the hypertext features, can I create some annotated
> text as callouts around a graphic that can be used later if I convert the
> file to HTML so that if I click on a number by the illustration it links to
> the annotated text that appeared in the source file?

Sometimes. WebWorks Publisher converts all Frame hypertext (and
crossreferences, TOC and table references) to HTML jumps. Other
converters may not work quite as well...

> 2. What exactly does Frame Viewer do?
It's a read-only viewer for Frame dox. It supports Frame hypertext - so
it can serve as a sort of browser for Frame material.

> 3. Can you take a Word template and have it converted into a Frame style sheet?
To the best of my knowledge, Frame will import (and pretty much
preserve) all the paragraph styles. However, it won't eat things like
Master Page layout, Page Sizes or such. You need to lay these out if
Frame, as far as I can tell.

> 4. Is there a way to take an HTML version of a Frame file and create a help
> file that can be viewed on a UNIX platform?
That'd depend on the UNIX help system you're using, and on the
HTML->Help conversion tool you're using. I know they're out there, but
I don't keep the notes at work :(