Re: word imperfect illness

Subject: Re: word imperfect illness
From: "NIVA Inc." <NIVA -at- MAGI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 11:32:01 -0500

On 9 Jan, Laura Praderio asked .tif files not printing (intermittent problem).

Laura, I regret (on your account) to say that I love WP 5.1 and prefer it to just about anything else on the market for basic processing, even its own GUI versions, which I find too slow to manipulate. (mouse/keyboard back-and-forth)

You don't say whether the same graphic prints/fails intermittently, or whether different TIFs print/fail. One problem I had with graphics involved the exporting graphics program. Seems some programs export the surrounding white space with the graphic in certain formats (sorry, but I've forgotten the details).

I found this out in one job when the graphic simply would not appear where I placed it, no matter what I tried. The artist had created the picture on a full-size page, not centred, and the exported file contained the whole page image, not just the picture. Don't know whether visio might be doing something similar, but it's something else to consider.

Ann Fothergill-Brown
Senior Editor
NIVA Inc.
Canada's Leading Documentation Firm