Help Desk Doc Question

Subject: Help Desk Doc Question
From: Keith Anderson <kanderso -at- TRI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 17:45:21 -0500

I'm writing *all* of the documentation for a Help Desk. I need a
consistent term to name the people who will have the problems and call
the Help Desk.

I cannot use "client" because we will support client applications.
I cannot use "user" because it may confuse the support people if system
administrators call with problems for their own users.
I cannot use "customer" because my customer does not want any confusion
about who is paying the company for services.
I cannot use "employee" because my customer has contractors, vendors,
etc.
Finally, I cannot use "caller" because many problems may be reported via
email and fax.

My problem is that my customer wants to use the term in everything from
executive summaries to policies and procedures. I would like for the
term to be one word or at least an easy compound word. I do have
everyone in my office brainstorming, but any input you could give would
help.

Thanks,

Keith Anderson

The Registry