[no subject]

From: "Marlene J. Geary" <marlene -at- NECA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 22:04:43 -0500

Question - Is there anyone out there who issues "beta" documentation to
customers who are "beta-testing" software? "Beta-testing" here is defined
as customers who purchase the software before its official release. They
are the second round of testers for the product.

1) Do you ever hear feedback on the beta docs from these beta customers?

Actually - do the people and companies that sub to this list get a lot of
feedback regarding the manuals produced by their respective departments?

My doc group gets very little in the way of feedback regarding our work.
Much of what we do get consists of "it needs work" and "you don't have any
write-ups on this."

Does anyone here survey their customers on the documentation they produce?

Thanks for your input -
Marlene