scheduling

Subject: scheduling
From: Miki Magyar <MDM0857 -at- MCDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 12:31:28 -0700

Elizabeth Huth asked for " a simple and visual way of tracking how long
documents takes to be researched, written, reviewed, and released.
Simple so we won't spend all our time tracking instead of writing and
visual so people in other departments can begin to understand the
documentation process."

I use a large dry-erase wall calendar (Plan-A-Month) that shows the
whole year. Each project has its own color. Simple, visual, and VERY
useful for planning. It supplements the greater detail in our individual MS
Project (sigh.... BG strikes again!) files for each project. It's also good for
flagging review dates.

Since it's not high tech electronics, some managers might not approve.
But then, I'm one of those types that likes writing with a pencil, too.

Miki
mikim -at- mcdata -dot- com