Frame v Word (doc group needs advice)

Subject: Frame v Word (doc group needs advice)
From: Lisa Price <Lisa -dot- Price -at- EMERALD -dot- KBSI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 14:37:26 CST

My two cents on the move from written documentation to online help
systems:

My group is currently using FrameMaker with RoboHELP. After we
create/uupdate our documentation in Frame, we save the book files as
RTF, and import them into RoboHELP. This does add an additional step
or two to clean up any conversion "mistakes" (deleted spacing between
paragraphs and loss of sideheads being our two main concerns), but
allows us to use the power of Frame and RoboHELP, without using Word.

I offer this as a solution to those who do not want to give up
Frame, but who must create online help systems for Windows.

Please e-mail me off-list if you would like more information.

Lisa
lprice -at- kbsi -dot- com