Re: new newsgroup - alt.publish.books

Subject: Re: new newsgroup - alt.publish.books
From: Bob Morrisette <robert -dot- morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 08:16:08 -0800

> From queen-1 -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM Fri Jan 3 02:43:18 1997
> Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 18:37:37 -0800
> From: Indera <queen-1 -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
> Subject: new newsgroup - alt.publish.books
> To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
>
> Hi,
>
> I saw on post on a news group but can't remember which one. The message
> said that a new newsgroup called alt.publish.books was out there. I tried
> to get to it several times, but always got the message "No such
> Newsgroup". Do I have the name wrong or has it not started yet?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Indera

I haven't seen that one, but here are some <publish> newsgroups:

comp.publish.cdrom.hardw 9524 Hardware used in publishing with CD-ROM.
comp.publish.cdrom.multi 125 Software for multimedia authoring & publishing.
comp.publish.cdrom.softw 4756 Software used in publishing with CD-ROM.
comp.publish.prepress 6397 Electronic prepress.
comp.publish.electronic. 18 General electronic publishing issues.
comp.publish.electronic. 467 Electronic publishing developer tools.
comp.publish.electronic. 10 Electronic publishing end-user tools.

There is a very active list for computer book publishers, agents, and writers.
To subscribe, send mail to list -at- studiob -dot- com with subject "Subscribe"

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- sun -dot- com