Re: Ph.D.'s -Back to the Topic

Subject: Re: Ph.D.'s -Back to the Topic
From: Bill Sullivan <bsullivan -at- SMTPLINK -dot- DELTECPOWER -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 09:29:35 -0800

Getting back to the original question of whether or not to list one's
Ph.D. as a credential when tech writing --

I believe most (but not all) people hire technical writers because
they believe their product requires simple or non-technical
explaining. I am not sure that Ph.D.s have a lock on writing simply
or non technically.

I ran a word count on Cathy's original post. She used 416 words to
ask her fairly simple question. And Tim Altom, whose firm is called
Simply Written, used 527 words to reply. Go figure. And happy new
year.

Bill Sullivan
bsullivan -at- deltecpower -dot- com
San Diego, California