Re: Microsoft Publisher?

Subject: Re: Microsoft Publisher?
From: Keith Anderson <kanderso -at- TRI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 09:48:39 -0500

Amy:

MS Publisher is a good start for beginners. It has some pretty cool
templates and wizards for low-end products (small newsletters, garage
sale announcements, cassette tape labels). However, the same designer(s)
must have created the templates because all of the end products look the
same.

The product does not handle styles very well. It also doesn't have
automatic TOC and indexing features. There is also a lack of high-level
layout tools. I haven't tried to produce large documents, but I bet it
will choke. I use Frame, Ventura, and PageMaker depending on the
project. Those products are much more useful for technical documentation
or high-end desktop publishing. To me, MS Publisher is cute, but that's
about all.

Keith Anderson

The Registry
Documentation Services Practice