Word 7.0 question

Subject: Word 7.0 question
From: YIGAL <tdsltd -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 17:32:09 +-200

Hi

In Word 7, I encountered problems when I tried to create a multi-level list.

I set the paragraphs in my document to four styles, List Number 1 through List Number 4. After choosing Bullets and Numbering>Multilevel>Modify and setting four levels, I selected the paragraphs in my document and pressed the Increase Indent and Decrease Indent buttons, as written in Microsoft Word Help. However, I rarely received the expected result. In some cases, the numbering disappeared from the paragraph.

In addition, when I changed Left Indentation or First Line settings and tried to save these changes in the paragraph styles, the numbering format either changed or disappeared completely.

There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to this weird behavior. How can I create a multi-level list that includes the numbering format that I want?
Can anybody help!

David Schor