Re: Ddoc Control Ideas

Subject: Re: Ddoc Control Ideas
From: wburns -at- MICRON -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 13:28:05 MST

We're putting the finishing touches on a document control system that uses
Saros DM and Mezzanine for storage, retrieval, revision control, and archiving
of old document version. We (or, more correctly, IS) have added an application
that checks documents out, routes the documents for approval, returns the routed
document to Saros, and notifies end users of document changes. Document
approvers and end users access the documents from a web page, where they can
view the document (either in the HTML browser or through a helper application),
make comments, view the approval route, and sign off documents. It's been two
years in development and we still have some features to add, but we're quite
pleased with what we have now.

Bill Burns
Assembly Documentation Supervisor
wburns -at- micron -dot- com
This message brought to you by W.A.S.T.E.
and your local potsmaster.